Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe on the website of a German cook named Marion. Though honey and mustard are commonly paired, the addition of orange and dill is new to me. This is an untried recipe posted for the Zaar World Tour.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 8 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, finely grated
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F
- Wash the chicken breast fillets and pat dry. If one side is much thicker than the other you may want to give it a quick pound with a meat mallet (skin-side down) to even it out.
- For the sauce, mix the Dijon mustard, honey, dill and orange zest in a small bowl, stir well.
- Brush both sides of the fillets with the marinade and bake the chicken for 30 minutes.
- Cut the fillets with a sharp knife on the thickest part, if the juices run clear they are done.
The recipe worked and the chicken was fine, but it wasn't one of our favorites. I grilled the chicken and also added one clove of garlic.
YUMMY! Just made this for dinner, used a mixture of yellow mustard and spicy brown(because thats all we had)amd left out the orange zest because we didnt have any on hand. Took about 45 minutes to cook. Was a real crowd pleaser and easy to make.
This was absolutely fantastic and my favourite recipe of Zaar World Tour II so far. I misread the recipe and added a bit of orange juice too. I cut the chicken into chunks before marinading and turned them into kebabs with red onion, which I then cooked on "the george". I never knew dill and orange could be so fantastic!