Recipe by Ray R
I created this recipe while trying to duplicate a marionberry cobbler my family tried at the Chowder Bowl in Newport, OR. It's certainly not the same, but it has become one of our favorite special occasion desserts. I use frozen Marion Blackberries, but you can also use fresh berries.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups blackberries
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat to 350°F
- Place 1 tablespoon butter into each of 6 (12 ounce) ramekins. Set ramekins on a baking sheet and place in oven to melt butter.
- Whisk flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- When butter has melted, remove ramekins from the oven.
- Add milk to dry ingredients; whisk until just incorporated.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter into each dish, without stirring into butter. Arrange 1/3 cup berries over batter. Sprinkle each dish with 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Bake until batter browns, about 35 minutes.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.