Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A fine sauce,..you should at least try it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon, cut in halves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a saucepan, combine ketchup, vinegar, oil, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, and garlic.
- Squeeze lemon juice into sauce and add 1 lemon half shell.
- Heat slowly for about 10 minutes.
- Sauce does not have to reach the boil, but heating blends flavor.
- Use sparingly as a basting sauce for fresh pork, ham, ribs, or chicken.
- Heat additional sauce and serve as a table sauce.
- Makes about 3 cups.
Very good sauce and the ingredients are ones that I always have on hand. I did add garlic powder, black pepper and a little salt. I will definitely make this again.
Very easy to make. I added a few drops of Tabasco Hot Sauce. The taste was good before I added this. We just like it hot.