Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This fall dish is the perfect main course for entertaining. Serve to your guests for your festive holiday celebration! This is a very easy recipe to follow.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Rinse and dry the lamb shanks, and season them liberally with salt and pepper. In a very large heavy-bottomed Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until smoking. Add the lamb shanks, 5 at a time, and sear until dark golden brown all over, 10 to 12 minutes per batch. Remove the shanks and set them aside.
- Add the onions, garlic, carrots, and leeks to the pot and cook until softened, 8-10 minutes. Use only the white and light green parts of the Leaks only, trimmed, halved lengthwise, cut crosswise into thin half-moons, rinsed thoroughly, and drained.
- Add the wine, tomato sauce, and sock to the vegetables and bring to a boil. Return the lamb shanks to the pot and bring back to a boil. Cover the pot tightly, place it in the oven, and bake for about 1.5 hours, until the meat is fork-tender.
- Remove the pot from the oven, check the sauce for seasoning, and then add the grapes. Stir them in gently, and serve directly from the pot.