Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple, flavourful recipe from Batal''s cookbook, "Italian Grill".
- 6 ears corn, shucked
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese (freshly grated)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- hot red pepper flakes
- Preheat a gas grill or prepare a fire in a gas grill.
- Place the corn on the hottest part of the grill and cook for 3 minutes, or until grill marks appear on the first side. Roll each ear over a quarter turn and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then repeat two more times.
- Meanwhile, mix the oil and vinegar on a large flat plate. Spread the Parmigiano on another flat plate.
- When the corn is cooked, roll each ear in the oil and vinegar mixture, shake off the extra oil, and dredge in the Parmigiano to coat lightly. Place on a platter, sprinkle with the mint and pepper flakes, and serve immediately.