- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 medium carrot, grated
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes, crushed and mixed well with their juices
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil over medium heat until translucent, but not brown.
- add the thyme and carrot and cook 5 minutes more.
- add the tomatoes.
- bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- season with salt to taste.
- serve immediately.
- the sauce may br refrigerated for up to one week or frozen for up to 6 months.