Recipe by Oolala
These are delicious. My DH loves these. I adapted this from a NY Times Magazine recipe. *I use the 1 lb. Phillips brand lump crab meat from Costco which is in the refrigerator section. If you don't have tarter sauce use mayonnaise.
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes, can use fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon celery, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons tartar sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon German mustard, deli style
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, beat eggs and whisk in onion flakes, celery, parsley, tartar sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay, pepper and mustard.
- Add crab meat gently with a spoon so that the lumps remain without seperating too much. Gently mix in the bread crumbs.
- Make the mixture into 4-5 crab cakes with your hands. Try not to make them too fat.
- Put them on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate from 15 minutes up to 3 hours.
- Melt butter and oil in a skillet over medium heat and saute the crab cakes till golden brown, no longer than 3 minutes per side.
- Place on paper towels to drain and serve with lemon wedges.