Recipe by Miss Annie
This is a nice salad for your next Mexican dinner. The chipotles and avocado are a good combination. The prep time includes refrigerating.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into 1/2 ",cubes
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 3 tablespoons grated romano cheese or 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 head boston lettuce, cored,separated into leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, and slice 1/4" thick, crosswise.
- Place slices in bowl and toss with salt.
- Spread out on several thicknesses of paper towels to drain for 30 min.
- Pat dry.
- Combine vinegar, garlic, and oregano.
- Gradually whisk in oil.
- Add zucchini, onions, beans, and olives.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 min.
- and up to 4 hrs.
- Just before serving, add avocado, chipotle and cheese; toss to mix.
- Serve over bed of lettuce, with tortilla chips, if desired.