Miss Annie's Note:
This is a nice salad for your next Mexican dinner. The chipotles and avocado are a good combination. The prep time includes refrigerating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into 1/2 ",cubes
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 3 tablespoons grated romano cheese or 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 head boston lettuce, cored,separated into leaves
- 1Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, and slice 1/4" thick, crosswise.
- 2Place slices in bowl and toss with salt.
- 3Spread out on several thicknesses of paper towels to drain for 30 min.
- 4Pat dry.
- 5Combine vinegar, garlic, and oregano.
- 6Gradually whisk in oil.
- 7Add zucchini, onions, beans, and olives.
- 8Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 min.
- 9and up to 4 hrs.
- 10Just before serving, add avocado, chipotle and cheese; toss to mix.
- 11Serve over bed of lettuce, with tortilla chips, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Zucchini Salad with Chipotles
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.9
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.1 mg
- Sodium 658.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo