1/1 Photo of Marinated Zucchini in the Style of Naples
I love this sweet, spicy zucchini from Mario Batali. It would be wonderful anytime, but I think it is especially refreshing during the hot summer months. This needs to be made a day in advance; allow 2 hours for the zucchini to drain and 24 hours to marinate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/3-inch thick slices; place slices in a colander, sprinkle with salt and set aside to drain for 2 hours.
- 2In a large saucepan or skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat; gently cook the zucchini slices until golden brown on both sides (about 3 minutes per side), being careful not to burn them (you will probably have to do this in more than 1 batch).
- 3In another saucepan, bring the vinegar and sugar to a boil over high heat; add a pinch of pepper flakes and a pinch of salt.
- 4Place the zucchini slices flat in a shallow bowl, with the garlic slices, basil and parsley scattered throughout.
- 5Pour the vinegar over the zucchini slices and let marinate, covered and refrigerated, for at least 24 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Zucchini in the Style of Naples
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.6
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar