Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From BHG’s New Dieter’s Cookbook
- 8 ounces small whole fresh mushrooms
- 2 small zucchini, bias-sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices (or yellow summer squash)
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into square pieces
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon (may use 1 1/2 t. snipped fresh tarragon or oregano) or 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, crushed (may use 1 1/2 t. snipped fresh tarragon or oregano)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- Add mushrooms, zucchini, and red pepper in a plastic bag set in a deep bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice, oil, sugar, salt, tarragon, pepper, and garlic together.
- Pour marinade over the vegetables in the bag; seal bag, shake around to coat well.
- Marinate vegetables in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- To serve: pour vegetables and marinade into serving dish; serve with toothpicks.
As usual Di has a winner. I made this for dinner tonight and we loved the freshness and the ease in which it is prepared. I used Splenda instead of sugar and rice wine vinegar instead of lemon, personal preference. This is a great summer salad to compliment any meal. Carole in Orlando
Fabulous salad! Why hasn't anyone tried and rated this?? It was served at my weekly canasta club and ALL 12 of the ladies asked for the recipe. I said, "I'll find it on Recipezaar and send it to all of you (have found just about every recipe I've ever looked for on this site--I love you "Zaar")." It is so crisp, tasty, healthy, and VERSATILE. Our hostees didn't add mushrooms (too bad), but did add carrots. I'd have to add onions AND definitely mushrooms. Suit your family and put whatever veggie you like in it. Thank you for posting; now I don't have to do it.