Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From BHG’s New Dieter’s Cookbook
Top Review by carole in orlando
As usual Di has a winner. I made this for dinner tonight and we loved the freshness and the ease in which it is prepared. I used Splenda instead of sugar and rice wine vinegar instead of lemon, personal preference. This is a great summer salad to compliment any meal. Carole in Orlando
- 8 ounces small whole fresh mushrooms
- 2 small zucchini, bias-sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices (or yellow summer squash)
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into square pieces
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon (may use 1 1/2 t. snipped fresh tarragon or oregano) or 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, crushed (may use 1 1/2 t. snipped fresh tarragon or oregano)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Add mushrooms, zucchini, and red pepper in a plastic bag set in a deep bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice, oil, sugar, salt, tarragon, pepper, and garlic together.
- Pour marinade over the vegetables in the bag; seal bag, shake around to coat well.
- Marinate vegetables in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- To serve: pour vegetables and marinade into serving dish; serve with toothpicks.