Recipe by Mimi in Maine
These are easy and just enough sweetness to make them so yummy. These are not a hot appetizer as some are. If you want them hot, make a hot sauce for them as the hot would go with the sweetness. Wishbone used to make the dark Russian Dressing but I haven't been able to find it lately. Catalina will work. I mix this up early in the a.m. and it is all marinated by supper.
- 2 lbs chicken wings, stubs
- 1 (10 ounce) jar orange marmalade or 1 (10 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Russian salad dressing or 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the marmalade, dressing, and onion soup mix in a bowl.
- Add the cleaned chicken wing stubs and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate till supper.
- Spray a pan and place stubs onto it.
- Bake 325-35- for 1/2 to 3/4 hour.
- Only bake till done so that the jelly doesn't burn---if it looks like it is, place a piece of foil over the top.