1 hr 30 mins
Gina Farina's Note:
Wild duck has a "liver-y" flavor and look, which I do not like. However, my husband is a duck hunter so I had to figure out what to do with his catch. I came up with this recipe years ago and make it as an appetizer on Thanksgiving or Christmas. The marinade takes care of the gamey flavor, so even I enjoy eating these tasty little treats. My husband and 3 boys always gobble these down in one sitting. It's great finger food. You can adjust the marinade by tasting it before putting the duck in it. Make sure you inspect the duck for BBs! This recipe requires marination overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry (optional) or 1/4 cup Bourbon (optional)
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (to taste)
- citrus-based dipping sauce
- 1Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- 2Cut the duck breasts into pieces that are about 1/2" x 1/2" x 1-1/2". Place in marinade overnight in the fridge (ziploc works great).
- 3Cut the bacon in half so that you get twice as many short pieces. Fry until half-way cooked. This is necessary if you want the bacon to be equally cooked as the duck, otherwise the fatty part will be mostly uncooked and too chewy.
- 4After marinading overnight, drain the duck. Wrap each piece of duck with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick (make sure it goes completely through).
- 5Place wrapped pieces on a foil-lined cookie sheet that has sides. You can put quite a few on a sheet and they will still cook well.
- 6Bake at 325ºF for 30 minutes or until the duck and bacon are done.
- 7Serve with a tangy, slightly spicy-hot lemon, orange or apricot dipping sauce, like LeAnn Chin's Lemon Chicken Sauce or Panda Express Orange Sauce. Be sure to serve with sauce!
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Wild Duck Rumaki
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.3
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 2484.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
wild duck breasts