Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from The Onion Lovers cookbook. I make it quite often, the onions taste so delicious with this marinade.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium vidalia onions or 4 medium sweet onions, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced thinly
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Add onions and carrots to coat.
- Cover, and refrigerate 24 or more hours, stirring occasionally.
These marinated onions and carrots would be great on an antipasti platter. Very flavourful, with a sweet/sour dressing. I used olive oil. Great side to our pulled pork sandwich lunch.