Recipe by pattsywattsy
I've taken this to family gatherings.. pic-nics....reunion. Lot of good reviews from all.
Top Review by Susie D
I used frozen veggies instead of canned in this salad. The colors in the salad are lovely. I found it overly sweet for our tastes and ended up adding some seasoning to perk things up a bit. I will definitely make this again, but will play with the dressing a bit. Thank you for sharing your recipe! Reviewed for Pick A Chef 2007.
- 1 lb French style green bean
- 1 lb tiny peas
- 1 lb white corn
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimentos (chopped)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup sugar (I used artificial sweetener)
- 2⁄3 cup vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour green beans, peas, corn & pimento in a colander to drain over a large bowl. Discard 1 1/2 cups of liquid.
- Put veggies in a large bowl and fold in onions, celery and green peppers.
- Mix together thoroughly the remaining ingredients and toss with veggies.
- Cover and let sit over night in refrigerator.
- (optional -- shredded cheese).