Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A healthy dish bursting with flavor.
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 small eggplants, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 10 button mushrooms (or mushrooms of your choice)
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- cracked pepper
- Put the vegetable pieces into a large bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in another bowl and whisk until blended.
- Pour marinade over veggies and toss to coat.
- Cover bowl and marinate in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Drain vegetables, reserving marinade.
- Thread the vegetables onto metal skewers.
- Put the skewers on a broiler pan and cook under the broiler for 10-15 minutes , turning occasionally.
- Baste with the marinade several times during the cooking process.
- These are also excellent grilled on the barbecue.
- Excellent with couscous or wild rice.
This recipe was so fantastic! We have used this maranade with several different variations of veggies (like green peppers, onions, corn on the cob, pineapple), and it always turns out great. A real kid pleaser, too! Thank you!
Tasted great! Sweet and zesty! Next time I probably would've used 3-4 times as much marinade, though, because it would've tasted better that way.
I made these tonight for the BBQ and they were most excellent. The marinade gave them a lovely tang, especially the eggplant. I substituted the mushrooms with courgettes and cut the olive oil down to 2 Tbsp. And there were enough left over for us to enjoy a repeat performance tomorrow night!