Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Babyfit.com http://babyfit.sparkpeople.com/pregnancy-recipes.asp?id=450
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper (or any combination you'd like)
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup light Italian dressing
- wooden shish-kabob skewer
- Soak wooden skewers in water for an hour to prevent burning. Wash peppers, then slice in half and remove core and seeds. Cut peppers and onion into large pieces. Place all veggies in a large mixing bowl, pour dressing on top and toss to coat. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Place vegetables on skewers, alternating vegetables. Discard leftover dressing. Place on grill for about 4-5 minutes, flip and cook another 4-5 minutes, or until veggies are slightly soft.
This was a tasty side dish we ate this weekend. Hubby BBQed steaks and also these kabobs. Loved the italian dressing. I had to use plum tomatoes instead of grape. Made for Fall PAC 2012.