Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These colorful kabobs are a wonderful way to showcase fresh veggies from your garden. Each bite is tender and flavorful, and the aroma is amazing. This is a recipe I found in TOH magazine and posting for safe keeping. Time doesn't include marinading time, so allow at least 2 hours for marinating, but more is better on the flavor. Feel free to add any veggies of your choice.
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes (1-1/2 pounds)
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour half the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- Pour remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag; add tomatoes. Cut remaining vegetables into 1-in. pieces; add to bag. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate beef and vegetables for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. Drain vegetables, reserving marinade for basting. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables.
- Using long-handled tongs, dip a paper towel in cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with reserved marinade and turning occasionally. Yield: 8 kabobs.
These kabobs are great. I really liked the onion and peppers (used red bell peppers). The beef and veggies had a great taste. The marinade has great flavors and it's so easy to do. Thanks Diner :) Made for PRMR tag game
My favorite type of meal....all cooked outside on the grill!! The colors are wonderful together. I had to add some mushrooms to the mix. The marinade worked really well with all the veggies and the sirloin. I marinated for 3 hours, and the meat was nice and tender. Thanks for sharing! Made for Newest Tag.