1/2 Photos of Marinated Veggie Beef Kabobs
These colorful kabobs are a wonderful way to showcase fresh veggies from your garden. Each bite is tender and flavorful, and the aroma is amazing. This is a recipe I found in TOH magazine and posting for safe keeping. Time doesn't include marinading time, so allow at least 2 hours for marinating, but more is better on the flavor. Feel free to add any veggies of your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes (1-1/2 pounds)
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour half the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- 2Pour remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag; add tomatoes. Cut remaining vegetables into 1-in. pieces; add to bag. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate beef and vegetables for at least 2 hours.
- 3Drain and discard marinade from beef. Drain vegetables, reserving marinade for basting. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables.
- 4Using long-handled tongs, dip a paper towel in cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with reserved marinade and turning occasionally. Yield: 8 kabobs.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Veggie Beef Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.8
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: