Prep 3 hrs
Cook 25 mins
Can be prepared up to four days in advance. Simple and easy what more could you ask for. This Is a great lunch or a light dinner. Serve with pita bread or pita chips. You can buy roasted red peppers in a jar.
- 2 large bell peppers (red, orange, yellow, or a mix)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olive, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 large red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450°. Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. Brush the outside of peppers lightly with a little olive oil and place, cut side down, on a baking sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until well blackened. When cool, remove and discard skins; slice peppers into 2-inch strips. (You can also blacken peppers over a gas flame, holding with tongs and rotating.).
- Combine peppers, remaining olive oil, feta, and olives in a large bowl. Toss gently to coat completely. Add onion, garlic, vinegar, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste; toss again. Pour lemon juice over mixture. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
What a beautiful salad! This kind of simple and rustic dish reminds me of Greece - this would be fantastic with some hearty grilled flatbread. Definately a keeper! Thanks, bbblampwork for another great recipe! Made for PAC Spring 2010 - you were adopted!