Recipe by Bobtail
This recipe came from my mother and it is a family gathering staple. At holidays, I double the recipe, so my cousin can take the leftovers home with her. Update:11/07 - My MIL made this just using garden peas (LeSeur brand) and onions. She sent some home to me via DH and they were delicious.
- 1 (15 ounce) can French style green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) cangarden peas, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sure the butter beans are the kind that are firm, not mushy.
- Combine all vegetables in a bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a saucepan.
- Heat to a slow simmer for one minute.
- Pour this over the vegetables and stir.
- Chill for a few hours or overnight and serve.