Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Good for potlucks any time of the year. These vegetables add a little zip to a meal. They are a snap to make with easy to find ingredients and they keep well in the refrigerator. Plan ahead as they need to be marinated overnight. Preparation time includes marinade time.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can French style green beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can peas
- 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mix marinade ingredients in a sauce pan and heat to boiling.
- Boil for 1 minute then set aside to cool.
- Drain vegetables
- Mix all vegetables in a bowl.
- Pour cooled marinade over vegetables and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.