Recipe by ellie_
Thought this was a great way to use up leftover vegetables. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (November 2003)
Top Review by Darkhunter
It IS a good way to enjoy all those bits and pieces of leftover vegetables which would otherwise be thrown out after developing "beards"! I served the veggies at room temp over hot white rice. Yummy! Thnx for posting, ellie!
- 8 cups leftover vegetables (such as carrots, green beans, cauliflower and or or brocolli)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cooked/leftover vegetables in a large strained and place stainer into a large pot of boiling water for 30 seconds (this removes butter and seaoning that was on vegetables). Rinse with cold water and pat dry. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with tomatoes.
- Pour remaining ingredients in a jar (olive oil - pepper sauce) and shake well.
- Pour onto vegetables and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or up to 2 days.
- Bring vegetables to room temperature before serving and season with salt and pepper if desired.