Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this from a French's mustard flyer. It sounds delicious. Cook time is marinating time.
- 3 tablespoons French's mustard (sweet onion)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 6 cups cut up vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms)
- Combine mustard,vinegar, oregano and garlic in large bowl.
- Gradually add oil, whisking until smooth.
- Add vegetables and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
I usually take the easy way out marinating vegetables by using bottled Italian dressing. This isn't much harder to whip up, and offers a tangy change of pace. You can definitely taste mustard, but it is not overpowering. Besides tasting good, this is a great way to get a variety of veggies with little sugar or carbohydrate addition. I will make this often--thanks lizeroo!