Recipe by mandabears
This is very good salad that I got from DD2 uncle's wife. It makes a ton, but never lasts too long, it is that good. If you can't find pearl onions, use frozen and thaw before using in recipe. Cook time is refrigerator time.
- 10 ounces ripe olives, well drained
- 1 whole cauliflower, separated into flowerets
- 3 white pearl onions, cut into quarters
- 1 lb mushroom, use the smallest ones you can find
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 1⁄2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 bunch broccoli, separated into flowerets
- 1 zucchini, sliced and cut in half
- 4 pieces mozzarella string cheese, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pan bring marinade ingredients to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Put all vegetables except tomatoes in a large non-metal bowl.
- Pour marinade over vegetables.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Toss, drain, add tomatoes and cheese.