Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Cooking Light April 2006. Looks so yummy. Cooking time equals chill time.
Make and share this Marinated Vegetable Salad With Queso Fresco recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 cup jicama, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup bottled salsa
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, grounded
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1⁄4 cup shredded queso fresco
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine salsa, juice, and oil; stirring with a whisk.
- Pour dressing over tomato mixture.
- Cover and chill one hour.
- Add cilantro and pepper to bowl, toss gently.
- Serve over lettuce.
- Sprinkle with cheese.