Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A delicious summer salad. If you don't like raw vegetables, you can steam the broccoli, cauliflower and zucchini a little. In fact, I prefer it that way.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- 1 -2 zucchini
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, preferable smallish white button mushrooms
- 1 can large black olives
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar or 1⁄2 cup wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (to taste)
- 1 clove garlic, cut in thirds
- salt and pepper
- Cut the cauliflower, broccoli and zucchini into bite-size pieces.
- Halve or quarter the mushrooms, depending upon their size.
- Cut the olives in half.
- Combine remaining ingredients, mixing well and stir in the vegetables and olives.
- Marinate overnight, or for at least 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the garlic clove pieces before serving.
- Serve cold.
This is a wonderful summertime salad. No worring about mayonnaise and eggs sitting in the hot afternoon. I made this salad for the cookout cookathon, and it looked and tasted wonderful. The greens and yellows were so pretty together. I did steam the broccoli just for a minute and then dipped in ice water. It was still crispy, but not hard. Such a wonderful, easy, make-ahead recipe. Thanks for sharing.
Loved it! And I don't typically like raw vegies. I used balsamic vinegar. Really great with sandwiches instead of chips and also served with salmon. This will be come a staple in our diet.