Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 6 medium sized Brussels sprouts, tough outer leaves, and excess stem removed
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 cup large size broccoli floret
- 1 cup green beans, cut in 1 inch lengths
- 2 cups medium cremini mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, sliced thick
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 3 medium garlic cloves, pressed
- salt and black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Bring salted water to a boil in large pan. Place colander in sink, and set up a bowl of ice water.
- Cut vegetables to appropriate sizes and have ready. (For this salad it is important to cut vegetables in fairly large pieces. They will hold up better and last longer.).
- When water is boiling, add carrots, whole Brussels sprouts, and cook for 4 minutes. Then add broccoli, pepper, green beans, mushrooms and onion. Cook for another 4 minutes.
- Drain through colander and immediately put into ice water. Let chill for about 10 minutes and drain well. It is important to drain well, so flavor is not diluted. If possible lay vegetables out on paper towels and pat dry.
- Make marinade by whisking together ingredients adding olive oil a little at a time.
- Put into glass container or bowl, add marinade, cover and put into refrigerator for at least 1 hour.