Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was inpired by a salad dressing recipe that I made for 1-2-3 Hits Tag, French Antilles Vinaigrette - I tagged the dressing, but had no lettuce, so I came up with a salad to go with it. It turned out fantastic, so I'm posting it here. Cook time does not include overnight marinade time. Yes, it makes alot, but it's easily scaled down. Note that for easier measuring, 4 tbsp = 1/4 cup.
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks broccoli, chopped
- 3 bell peppers, chopped (I used yellow, red, and green)
- 1 head cauliflower, chpped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed (sub any other beans)
- 4 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 13 tablespoons olive oil
- 9 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- Combine veggies and beans in large, sealable, container.
- Blend chives, oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper with immersion blender, or whisk together well.
- Add dressing to veggies, seal container, shake well, and allow to marinate overnight. Shake the container whenever you open the fridge to distribute the marinade.
This is delicious and makes a ton! Made as directed, except that I used extra virgin olive oil and pinot grigio white wine vinegar. I usually steam broccoli and cauliflower before adding to salads; I presume that marinating them overnight in the oil/vinegar solution would "cook" them? Thanks, Katzen, for a delicious and healthy salad! Made for Veggie Swap.
Delicious, fresh and crunchy! I cut this recipe in half as it was only for my immediate family. I used only one red pepper, and chick peas in place of the kidney beans. All the vegetable used were purchased at our local farmers' market. It was enjoyed by everyone who tried it. Next time I'll probably add some fresh garlic and whatever herbs I have on hand. Made for Vegetarian Swap 12.