2 hrs 12 mins
Chef 'Diva Divine's Note:
Found in Better Homes and Gardens New Dieter's Cookbook. Haven't tried this one, but all that I have made from this cookbook is a real pleaseer. Plenty of flavor without all the cholesterol, fat, and all the bad stuff. Prep time includes marinade time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces turkey breast, slices
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon peel (finely shredded)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil (safflower)
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini (sliced) or 1 1/2 cups squash (sliced)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- 1For marinade, stir together lemon peel, lemon juice, oil granuals, thyme, garlic, salt, pepper, & 1/4C water.
- 2Place turkey in a plastic bag set in a bowl. Poour marinade over turkey close bag and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 3Remove turkey from bag, reserving marinade. Spray an 8" skillet with cooking spray. Add turkey slices. Cook over medium heat about 4 minutes or till tender & no longer pink, turning once. Remove turkey from skillet; keep warm.
- 4Add zucchini, mushrooms, & 2TBS water to the skillet. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or till zucchini is crisp-tender.
- 5Meanwhile stir together the reserve marinade, & cornstarch. Add to veggies in skillet. Cook and stir till thickened & bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- 6Serve the veggies with turkey slices & if desired , rice.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Turkey Breast
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.5
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 55.3 mg
- Sodium 736.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 21.1 g