- 4 (6 ounce) tuna steaks, 1 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together: soy, sherry, lemon juice, zest, garlic and olive oil.
- Marinate the steaks in this for up to 1 hour, turning frequently.
- When ready to cook, lift from the marinade and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Heat a grill pan or a frying pan (not using any oil or butter) until really hot and sear the steaks for several minutes on both sides to your likeness but do not over-cook them.
- Or cook them on the barbque.