Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
The marinade gives them a lovely flavor. Marinating time not included.
- 4 (6 ounce) tuna steaks, 1 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ground black pepper
- Mix together: soy, sherry, lemon juice, zest, garlic and olive oil.
- Marinate the steaks in this for up to 1 hour, turning frequently.
- When ready to cook, lift from the marinade and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Heat a grill pan or a frying pan (not using any oil or butter) until really hot and sear the steaks for several minutes on both sides to your likeness but do not over-cook them.
- Or cook them on the barbque.
I've already reviewed this wonderful recipe but forgot to tick the well deserved 5 start.
Pretty good tuna. The recipe was easy and quick to do. I marinated the steaks for almost an hour. Used a grill pan, which worked quite well. Made mine a little rare and "his" well done. Rare was very good; we won't talk about the well done steak. (I try to tell him!) Oh, the black pepper is a nice touch! Pets, thanks for posting . . . . Janet
This is a nice quick and easy recipe. Only change I made was to use 2 cloves garlic. Cooked on grill pan, seared around the edges, rare in the middle. Thanks for the recipe. Will make again