Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An interesting twist for a dinner party canapé, tangy tortellini mingling with the delicate flavours of sun-blushed tomatoes and olives.
- 24 shop-bought fresh tortellini (any colour or flavour)
- 24 sun-blushed tomatoes
- 24 black olives, pitted
- fresh ground black pepper
For the marinade
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- Cook the tortellini in boiling salted water according to the packet instructions. Once they are cooked, drain and rinse well under cold water to cool them down quickly. Place in a bowl and mix with the marinade ingredients. This can now be covered and left to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Once marinated, thread one tortellini, a sun-blushed tomato and an olive onto each skewer. Season with a twist of black pepper and arrange on a platter. Cover and keep at room temperature until needed.