Prep 6 hrs
Cook 10 mins
For the grill. Can broil inside as well.
- 4 (6 ounce) top sirloin steaks (or similar cut)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place steaks in a plastic Ziplock bag, or plastic container.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the remaining ingredients. Pour over steaks; turn to coat evenly.
- Chill for at least 6 hours; turning occasionally to redistribute marinade.
- After marinating, heat grill on med-high.
- Remove steaks from marinade and place on hot grill (discard the marinade). Grill for about 4 minutes on each side or to desired doneness.
Thoroughly enjoyed your recipe - I used dried thyme and although not as good still did the job. I cut the recipe back to 1 6oz steak - no problem. Added a couple of prawns I had in the freezer and when I put the prawns on the pan I added 1 oz vermouth cooked them apprx 3 minutes- Lovely flavor . Steak cooked to medium rare.
This marinade was very good! When I started to mix it together I realized I was out of minced garlic, so I substituted garlic powder. I also threw in a splash of white wine instead of sherry (we don't keep it around). Even with my changes, the marinade was a hit! Everybody we had over for dinner really enjoyed the flavor, and I loved the fact that I was able to throw it together with ingredients I usually have on hand.
Keeper. I didn't have time to marinate because my DH was too hungry to wait. So I made up the sauce and cooked the New York strip over the stove with a bit of olive oil. I Added the sauce the last 2 minutes while scraping up the brown bits and pieces of the steaks. Wow, the sauce was to die for. He loved it. So easy and so good. Thank you for sharing your recipe.