Recipe by Outta Here
Instead of the usual fresh basil, these tomatoes are made with fresh summer savory. If you cannot find fresh savory, fresh thyme works. Dried savory will work in a pinch (use 1/4 teaspoon).
Top Review by Elmotoo
This is fabulous! I love the flavor from the lemon! Different & refreshing. This was really nice on this crazy hot summer evening. It's hard to wait the full hour but well worth it! Made for ZWT9, Mike & the Appliance Killers. :)
- 3 fresh tomatoes, about 1 pound
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh savory, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each tomato into 4 to 6 wedges.
- Place the tomato wedges in a medium bowl.
- Combine lemon juice and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Pour marinade over tomatoes; toss gently to coat. Let stand 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Using a slotted spoon, serve wedges on a bed of greens.