Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is great to use as your salad dressing, or as a salad topping with additional dressing. You can also serve this as a side dish, especially when tomatoes are plentiful in the summer months! If you prepare this during a "dry tomato season", plum tomatoes are a good substitute. This recipe came from Southern Living. Please note: Cooking time is marinating time!
- 3 large tomatoes, fresh
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2 inch thick slices, and arrange in a large shallow dish.
- Comine oil and remaining 7 ingredients in a jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously. Pour over tomato slices.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
Simply delicious! Tonight we had these with fried rice and chicken. Tomorrow I'll have what's left as a tomato sandwich. The flavour is reminiscent of bruschetta topping. Made for Zaar Stars Tag.
Delicious! What a great way to use up the last of my garden tomatoes. I used basil infused olive oil, extra fresh basil, and red onions. We enjoyed this as a side dish with grilled steaks. This will definitely be my go to recipe when my garden has an overabundance of tomatoes. Thank you for sharing, breezermom! **Made for 2014 Football Pool**
Refreshing delicious salad which works well as a side dish or on it's own. I added extra parsley and also added kalamata olives which worked very well. Will be enjoying this one for lunch tomorrow also. Thank you breezermom for a winner. Tagged it for Everyday is a Holiday.