Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The recipe was originally intended to be served over pasta and if you want to have it that way, just cook up 1 pound of fettuccine and mix in the topping. We like this over garlic crostini. This would also be good over fish or chicken, or even as a simple salad. From Real Simple August 2007.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh ripe tomatoes, seeded cored and diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces quartered bocconcini or 8 ounces fresh cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, torn
- Gently combine all ingredients.
- Allow to marinate at room temperature for at least 10 minutes.
- Marinading longer develops the flavor, and this will keep for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.