1/1 Photo of Marinated Tomatoes
Plum or Roma tomatoes are best to use in this recipe. Plan head the tomatoes need to chill for a minimum of 4 hours and then left at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Try to use only seasoned salt for this, it really improves the flavor of the marinade! Prep time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup vegetable oil (you can reduce the oil slightly if desired)
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (use about 1/2 teaspoon or to taste)
- 8 -10 plum tomatoes (choose firm and ripe red tomatoes for this)
- 1In a bowl combine the oil and remaining ingredients except the tomatoes; whisk to blend well then place in a large heavy zip-top freezer bag.
- 2Slice the tomatoes into 4 wedges; add to the plastic bag, and seal bag; turn to coat the tomato wedges with marinade.
- 3Refrigerate for about 4 hours.
- 4Let sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.7
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: