Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Light, refreshing and very easy. This is the best way to have a tomato salad. Works great with grilled steak or virtually any grilled meat. Try it, you'll absolutely love it!
- 8 large ripe tomatoes, chopped in large pieces
- 1 cup salad oil
- 2⁄3 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried basil (or 4 tsp. fresh, chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon (or 1 tsp. fresh, chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head lettuce (for serving, your favorite)
- Combine all ingredients except tomatoes, in mixing bowl and whisk till combined.
- Place tomatoes in zip top bag.
- Pour mixture over tomatoes.
- Seal and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Lay lettuce on serving platter.
- Drain tomatoes and reserve marinade.
- Place tomatoes on lettuce and serve marinade on the side for dipping.
Wonderfully delicious! I quartered the recipe and it was so good. My DH had this with avocado and marinated mushrooms. Thank you! Made for Pick A Chef 2007!