Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My Recipe Published by Southern Living. This is a wonderful side dish for all those extra summer tomatoes. They keep overnight, but that's about it.
- 4 tomatoes, slices
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- Arrange tomato and onion slices in a shallow container.
- Combine oil, vinegar, and garlic powder; stir well, and pour over tomato and onion.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 10 min.
- Serve over lettuce leaves, if desired.
- Yield: about 8 servings.