Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try this when tomatoes are fresh from the garden
- 8 medium tomatoes, slices
- 1⁄4 cup fresh minced parsley
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Arrange tomatoes in serving bowl; sprinkle with parsley.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a jar with tight fitting lid and shake well.
- Pour over tomatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 mins.
My mother gave me a big bag of homegrown tomatoes this weekend, so I used one in this salad. Instead of parsley (which we didn't have), I used some fresh basil. Also, I meant to scale the recipe to only 2 servings, but I ended up making a full batch of the salad dressing. The dressing was very delicious. I couldn't believe how tasty it was on this salad, and now we have leftovers to use it on another salad. This will definitely go in my recipe box to be made again and again. Thanks!
I made this to serve to my parents who love tomatoes. I used fresh ones from the garden and red wine vinegar. There were absolutely no leftovers! The dressing was great would taste good on a salad as well.