Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Adapted from a recipe by Tiffany Taylor, "Marinated Tomatoes."
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 fresh ground black pepper
- Mash garlic with salt, blend into the oil and vinegar.
- Mix dressing with tomatoes, parsley and basil.
- Chill 2 to 3 hours before serving.
- Separate into 4 servings and top with slices of sweet onion.
- Add black pepper to taste.
Loved the fresh herbs and dressing in this salad. Thanks for sharing.
Excellant tomato salad, love the fresh basil, I used a red onion and balsamic vinegar. The dressing was particularly good! We will be making this again, thanks for sharing a good one.