Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Everyone loves home grown tomatoes sliced and served with dinner. This is an easy and fresh salad to use up all those wonderful garden tomatoes, zucchinis and cucumbers. Prep time is also chill time.
Top Review by Bergy
Had a gorgeous tasty salad! I have found a new (to this area) variety of tomatoe - it is a "Polish" tomatoe and is like a very large Roma tomatoe - nearly no seeds and so sweet and I used Lemon (sometimes called Apple) cukes Could not have been better Thanks Karen
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onions or 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium zucchini or 2 medium cucumbers
- 3 large tomatoes or 3 large yellow tomatoes, sliced (or both)
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, green onion or chives, mustard and pepper in a screw top jar.
- Cover and shake well.
- Chill until needed.
- Cut zucchini or cucumbers in half lengthwise.
- Seed cucumbers if using.
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut zucchini or cucumber halves into thin, lengthwise strips (1/2 to 1 inch wide) Arrange tomato slices on a platter.
- Arrange the zucchini or cucumber slices in and around the tomatoes, folding and tucking as desired.
- Shake dressing and drizzle over vegetables.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle with feta cheese.