Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Have extra tomatoes during tomato season -- give this a try.
- 1 1⁄2 cups vinegar (tarragon or white wine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 plum tomatoes, quartered vertically
- 2 large yellow tomatoes, sliced hortizonally into 1/2-inch slices
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved vertically
- 16 small yellow pear tomatoes, halved vertically
- sunflower sprouts (optional)
- Combine vinegar and salt in large bowl; stir until salt is completely dissolved. Add shallots, chives, lemon juice and white pepper; mix well. Slowly whisk in oil until well blended.
- Add tomatoes to marinade; toss well. Cover and let stand at room temperature 2 to 3 hours.
- To serve, place 3 plum tomato quarters on each of 8 salad plates. Add two slices yellow tomato, 4 cherry tomato halves and 4 pear tomato halves. Garmish each plate with sunflower sprouts, if desired. (Or place all marinated tomatoes on large serving plate and garnish).
- Passive work time is the marinating time.