3 hrs 5 mins
2 hrs 45 mins
An update on the classic BLT with savory marinated tomatoes, candied bacon and fig mustard sauce. From BetterRecipes.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tomato, Large Beefsteak sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 12 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fig jam
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 croissants, All-butter sliced in half
- 8 slices aged cheddar cheese
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and sliced thin
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 head bibb lettuce
- 1Mix together olive oil, vinegar, oregano and thyme in a shallow dish. Add tomato slices and turn to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let tomatoes marinate up to two hours.
- 2Place oven rack in center of oven and preheat to 400°.
- 3Place bacon slices on a broiler pan (or cookie sheet lined with foil). Mix together brown sugar and black pepper. Sprinkle each bacon slice with brown sugar mixture to cover. Bake bacon 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy. If using cookie sheet, transfer bacon to sheet lined with paper towels to absorb excess fat.
- 4In a small bowl, stir together mustard and jam.
- 5To assemble sandwiches, spread cut surfaces of all 4 croissants with fig mustard. Layer on 1 slice of cheese, avocado slices, cucumber slices, marinated tomatoes, lettuce leaves, 3 strips of candied bacon and a final slice of cheese.
- 6NOTE: Preparation includes marinate time.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Tomato BLT Croissant Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.4
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 54.5 mg
- Sodium 537.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
aged cheddar cheese