Recipe by Gagoo
An update on the classic BLT with savory marinated tomatoes, candied bacon and fig mustard sauce. From BetterRecipes.com
- 1 tomatoes, Large Beefsteak sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 12 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fig jam
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 croissants, All-butter sliced in half
- 8 slices aged cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 avocado, pitted and sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cucumber, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 head bibb lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together olive oil, vinegar, oregano and thyme in a shallow dish. Add tomato slices and turn to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let tomatoes marinate up to two hours.
- Place oven rack in center of oven and preheat to 400°.
- Place bacon slices on a broiler pan (or cookie sheet lined with foil). Mix together brown sugar and black pepper. Sprinkle each bacon slice with brown sugar mixture to cover. Bake bacon 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy. If using cookie sheet, transfer bacon to sheet lined with paper towels to absorb excess fat.
- In a small bowl, stir together mustard and jam.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread cut surfaces of all 4 croissants with fig mustard. Layer on 1 slice of cheese, avocado slices, cucumber slices, marinated tomatoes, lettuce leaves, 3 strips of candied bacon and a final slice of cheese.
- NOTE: Preparation includes marinate time.