Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tasty recipe for one if you like tofu based on a Donna Hay recipe.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine
- 125 g tofu, cut into cubes
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 15 g snow pea sprouts
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place ginger, soy sauce, lemon juice oil and wine in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the tofu and toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Place lettuce, tomato, snow pea sprouts and carrot in a bowl.
- Drain tofu and reserve liquid.
- Add tofu to salad, toss to combine and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve reserved liquid as a dressing.
A rather average recipe for a vegetarian standard. Too sweet (due to the carrots, tomatoes, and soy sauce) for my taste.
I made this to take to work for lunch today. I kept the tofu and the marinade in a separate container and combined everything just before I ate it. It was very tasty!! I was out of carrots and didn't want to add the wine (since I was taking it to work, I didn't want anyone to smell alcohol - even though it was a small amount). One of my lunchmates sampled it and enjoyed it very much too. I told them that I omitted the wine. They promptly accused me of drinking the whole bottle of wine before work this morning = lol. I will definitely make this again and may add some sliced green onions next time. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
I enjoyed the flavors in this salad for 1! I followed it to the letter except for the snow pea sprouts. Thanks Latchy!