Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Perfect for topping a Greek-style salad, or a spinach and olive pizza! Leftover marinade makes a great base for a Greek-style salad dressing
- 1 lb firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed but left whole
- Press the tofu between two plates, weighted down with some heavy cans or a cast iron pan, to drain the excess liquid out.
- Slice into 1/2 inch slices.
- Wisk together the ingredients for the marinade in a large container with a lid.
- Add the tofu to the marinade and refrigerate for at least 24 hours, preferably 2-3 days.
- Flip the container every few hours to ensure even coverage.
- Tofu pieces can be patted dry, and crumbled over your favorite Greek-style salad or pizza.
Loved this! Very easy to put together, and coupled with the miso and garlic, put this simple, but great recipe over the top. I let mine sit for 3 days...and used it in a vegan "Greek Salad" and it worked out beautifully, as the garlic really shined through, not to strong, but enough to give the tofu and nice subtle taste. Bravo for a great recipe, Kozmic! 10 stars plus!
Very nice!I used them in your Greek Salad With Avocado and really enjoyed it. Easy and nicely flavored. Thanks! Made for the Vegetarian swap-Oct. 2011.