Recipe by Yaffa
Delicious basis for many meals.
Top Review by Connie Lea
This was really good. I had some packaged seasoned rice we weren't eating so I mixed this tofu with the rice. Needless to say there won't be a bit left. Am anxious to try this again with stir fry veggies over rice. I did mess up and put the ginger in with the marinade, but didn't seem to matter.
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (preferably Tamari)
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup or 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine apple juice and soy sauce and place in jar with cut up tofu.
- Keep jar on side and rotate often.
- Marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Dissolve 1 T rice malt syrup in small amount of boiling water.
- Add rice malt syrup, fresh ginger slices and marinated tofu to skillet with sesame oil.
- Stir tofu while heating gently.
- Tastes great when mixed with rice and/or vegetables.