Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my take on a recipe from the Whole Foods website. I love this tofu either hot or cold! Preparation time does not include time to marinate.
- 15 ounces extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- cooking spray
- Drain tofu and remove from package.
- Cut tofu into 3/4 inch slices and lay out flat between paper towels.
- Put a weighted cooking sheet on top and press tofu for 30 minutes. This will remove the water from the tofu and allow it to soak up the marinade.
- While tofu is draining, mix together Tamari, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, and ground ginger.
- Marinade drained tofu in the mixture for at least one hour, preferably overnight.
- Spray pan with cooking spray.
- Put slices of marinated tofu onto pan, wait for first side to brown (about five minutes) and then cook on other side until browned.
This has such amazing flavor I'm lucky I had any left to fry. I kept eating it straight out of the marinade. Even my picky 9 yo son liked it.
Wonderful! I used Bragg's Liquid Soy, no salt and no wheat, in this recipe. I would also use a low sodium Tamari, which usually has no wheat. Read labels! :-) Anyway this is just delicious recipe as is. I think pressing the liquid out of the tofu before putting it in any marinade is key. My tofu soaked up all the marinade in 2 hours. I seared a little longer than the recipe but maybe I had my heat lower than hers. Happy eating!
Really good. We even soaked mushrooms, and are going to BBQ portabellas soaked in it. I did add a few drops of liquid smoke and a TBS.molasses to make it a bit sweeter. Thank you much!