Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This is very different but I really like it. Has to chill for 3 hours.
- 8 medium sweet potatoes (about 3 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- In a large saucepan, cook sweet potatoes in boiling salted water just until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together the next 9 ingredients; set aside.
- Peel potatoes, cut in half lengthwise, then into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, onion and green pepper.
- Add dressing and gently toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Discard bay leaves before serving.
Giving this 4 stars because this recipe IS very different. One sister did not like it at all, I was on the fence and my other sister absolutely loved it. She even had it warmed up for lunch the next day. Thnx for posting ratherbeswimming.