Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
The tomatoes will become slightly stronger with refrigeration time, yield is only estimated. If you prefer to use fresh herbs, then use 2-1/2 tablespoons of fresh in place of dry.
- 1 (3 ounce) package sun-dried tomatoes
- boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 -4 fresh minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt (optional)
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl.
- Cover with boiling water (just to cover) and let soak for 3 minutes; drain.
- Slice, and return to bowl.
- Add in oil and remaining ingredients.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Store in the refrigerator covered in a glass jar.
- **NOTE** the oil will thicken in the fridge, just warm slightly in the microwave before using.
Never had marinated sun dried tomatoes before, but these worked out pretty well in the recipe I needed them for. Easy to do, and much cheaper then buying them (since i dry my own tomatoes) Thanks Kitten!
Yummers. Sun-dried tomatos are one of my faves, so I'm thrilled to have this recipe. I used fresh basil, and bottled minced garlic. Munched on most of them, so I'll be making a double batch soon to use on pizza & crostini. If I can keep my hands off the jar long enough.
Kittencal, you've done it again. These were great. Okay, so I'm the only that ate them and yes I ate the whole bowl. I love tomatoes. I used store bought dried tomatoes. I can't wait to try these with my own homegrown tomatoes this summer. I'm sure they will be amazing!